redbird: closeup of me drinking tea, in a friend's kitchen (Default)
[personal profile] redbird posting in [community profile] thisfinecrew

Massachusetts has nine ballot questions this year. ProgressiveMass has posted a quick list of recommendations for all nine questions: https://www.progressivemass.com/2026ballot/. I agree with them on the ones I already had an opinion about. Question 3 would replace the current system of political party primaries with a "jungle primary," in which the top two vote-getters, regardless of primary affiliation, run against each other in the general election. I had already decided to vote NO on this one, because I've lived in a state which had those, and I didn't like it.

Date: 2026-09-25 12:55 pm (UTC)
lauradi7dw: Orange t-shirt, white mask (Orange)
From: [personal profile] lauradi7dw
Thanks for the opinion about #3. I can see arguments for each side, but personal experience is helpful.

Date: 2026-09-27 06:15 pm (UTC)
starlady: Raven on a MacBook (Default)
From: [personal profile] starlady
As a a Californian, I am begging everyone in MA to vote against instituting a jungle primary. It has been way more trouble than it's worth and has actually, imo, done the exact opposite of its stated aim (increasing the range of views available to voters in the general).

Profile

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
456 78910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 24th, 2026 02:27 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios